Nothing screams summer like beautifully bronzed skin. If you are looking forward to catching some rays and getting a tan this season, you’re not alone. While tan lines and short shorts are all the rage, skin cancer and other diseases aren’t. To protect your skin and still get that glow that you want, here are a few safe tips to help you with tanning in Orem, UT, this summer.
- Exfoliate your skin before going out in the sun. Getting the best tan outdoors starts indoors. Exfoliating removes dead cells from the top layer of skin. It helps to even your skin tone, remove clogged pores, and prevent breakouts. The less skin buildup you have, the easier it is for your tan to last longer.
- Wear sunscreen. While you might be tempted to skip the SPF in order to get a tan, you could regret it later. Sunscreen allows you to stay in the sun for longer without damaging your skin. Plus, you can still tan even while wearing SPF.
- Avoid overexposure. Don’t expect to get a killer tan from one day at the pool. In fact, it’s best not to spend hours and hours in the sun when trying to deepen your tan. Instead, gradually increase the time that you spend under the sun to reduce the chances of sunburn and prevent early signs of aging. Experts recommend spending an hour or less in the sun each day to help your body produce the melanin needed to tan your skin.
- Protect more than just your skin. While you may want an all-over, even tan, you don’t want to damage your eyes. Your eyes are extremely sensitive to UV rays. Overexposure could lead to diseases like cataracts, macular degeneration, and cancer. Find sunglasses that block UV rays and, if possible, reduce glare.
- Keep a hat on. To add additional protection to your face, eyes, and scalp, opt to wear a hat. Whether a baseball hat or a sun hat is your style, the extra fabric and wide brims of hats offer additional protection against the sun. Plus, they allow you to look oh-so-stylish while catching those rays.
Don’t let sunburn keep you from getting bronzed and beautiful this summer. Keep your skin adequately protected. If you don’t feel like building your tan up throughout the months of summer, there are plenty of options for tanning in Orem. Check out our salon in Orem for all of your tanning needs. There’s no reason why you can’t have your perfectly tan skin and still be protected from the harmful rays of the sun!